How to Register
To register you need to be a member of Exchange, Artquest's free professional network for visual artists. Registration closed 10am 28 March 2023
1. First thing on Saturday April 1st , you will receive an email from the firstname.lastname@example.org account
- Check your Spam Folder if you don't receive this email
- Add email@example.com to your contacts to avoid this happening
2. When you open this email, it will include:
- An auto generated password
- And a link to follow to sign into your account with this password and your email.
3. Once signed in, you can also change your details by clicking Edit Profile (top right corner):
- Here you can change your Name to the name you would like to be referred to as publicly on the live feed of submissions.
- Add your social media handle for Instagram and a website if you'd like for people to find you!
- You can change your profile whenever you like
1. You will need to be signed in to 30works30days to submit your work. Log in in the top right corner.
2. Once you've signed in, the challenge has begun!! You're all set to start your very first submission by pressing the SUBMIT button in the top right corner.
- At the top of the submission page you'll find the brief - you don't have to follow the brief, it is just a little prompt if you want it.
- Add the title of the work
- Add the format you're using
- Image (JPEG, PNG + GIF)
- Video and Sound can be uploaded via a link to youtube, vimeo, or soundcloud. These links will appear embedded in the feed.
- A web page/link (for anything else)
- Or just text (which will be automatically formatted) (Max 2000 characters)
- If you submit an image or a video/sound link you need to include a visual description of the work, so anyone using screen readers on the webpage knows what your work looks like. (here's a guide on how to write them.)
- You do not need to write a visual description for links to webpages or for text pieces.
- The max character count for your visual description is 600 characters.
- Please be sure to write a visual description of your image, video link or sound link, and include your instagram handle (if you have one). If you don't include a visual description you won't be chosen for the daily picks.
- 'Anything else to say…' is a place for you to share whatever you'd like, only Artquest will see it - this is not public.
- And finally tick the box at the bottom if you do not want anyone to see you work. While your work won't show in the daily feed it has still been submitted. It will only be visible on your My Works and Artquest will be able to see it.
- Once you've submitted, you will see a page confirming the submission of your work, and you'll be able to view your work on the daily feed (if you did NOT select private) and in the My Works section.
- If you want to edit your work for that day, you can do so by going to My Works and selecting the edit button on the bottom right hand side of the submission. You can also delete your submission if you want and start again.
- You can change if you want to make it private or visible here too.
4. YOU NEED TO SUBMIT A WORK EVERYDAY BEFORE MIDNIGHT BRITISH SUMMER TIME (GMT + 1) For example, for Day 1 by 23.59pm 1st April.
5. You'll receive a brief every morning via email, if you've submitted your work for the day before (or a commiserations email if not…)
6. If you went out because of circumstances beyond your control then email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can put you back in.
7. Please use #30works30days if/when you post your work on instagram to find each other.
Navigating the site
1. You can view your work at the top of the 'Feed' home page by clicking the 30/30 icon in the top left corner.
2. Your work will be displayed everyday (if you so choose) on the 30works30days website, showing everyone's work in chronological order.
- You'll be able to go back to previous days and check out your fellow participants' viewable works with the Day…box at the top right.
Code of Conduct
- Submit only content which you have created or that you have the right to share. Don't post anything you've copied or collected from the internet or that you don't have the right to post
- Artworks submitted which are inherently disrespectful, aggressive, or otherwise abusive will be removed, as will any artwork which targets people based of a protected characteristic such as race, ethnicity, national origin, disability, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or serious disease.
- Copyright remains with the artist. Artquest will not use artworks without written permission from the artist.